What are the Ravens Playoff Chances?
The Ravens playoff chances are 99.5%. Baltimore had a bye in Week 13. QB Lamar Jackson and the Ravens will begin the last leg of the 2023 campaign as they have their sights on the postseason.. Plenty of games helped Baltimore stay atop their division and the conference.
Here is a look at the Ravens playoff chances compared to the Ravens Super Bowl Odds, AFC championship chances and AFC North chances:
Baltimore’s playoff odds are calculated using implied probability. Converting Baltimore’s -20000 odds from DraftKings Maryland gives the 98% chance listed above. The Ravens currently have the second-best odds to make the playoffs among AFC teams, only trailing The Chiefs (99.5%).
The Ravens have an 85.7% chance of winning the AFC North. That's the highest in the division. The Browns have the second highest chance to win the AFC North at 26.7%.
Baltimore also has a 21.7% chance of winning the AFC, which is the second-best odds in the conference. Their 11.1% chance of winning the Super Bowl gives them the fourth best chance of winning it all in February 2024.
Aside from implied probability, BetMaryland.com will also use give other postseason indicators such as the New York Times Postseason Simulator and ESPN’s Football Power Index, which currently has the Baltimore Ravens at 8.1; that's the third highest index in the NFL.
Ravens Week-by-Week Playoff Chances
Here is a look at how the Raven's playoff chances have progressed at sporstbooks like ESPN BET Maryland.
Week 1: 63%
Week 2: 66.7%
Week 3: 77.8%
Week 4: 64.3%
Week 5: 79.2%
Week 6: 67.2%
Week 7: 71%
Week 8: 81.8%
Week 9: 81.8%
Week 10: 91.7%
Week 11: 90.9%
Week 12: 98%
Week 13: 99.5%
Week 14: 99.5%
The Ravens' odds stayed the same following their Week 13 bye. Baltimore's 99.5% odds are the largest of the season so far.
Make sure to bookmark this page as I'll continue to update the Ravens' playoff chances after each game this season.
Baltimore Ravens Playoff Chances: Key Updates December 2023
Below are the most notable transactions and personnel news from this offseason that could affect the Ravens playoff chances:
- 🗓️ Nov 12: Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey suffers calf injury that is currently day-to-day
- 🗓️ Nov 12: Ravens LT Ronnie Stanley suffers knee injury that is currently day-to-day
- 🗓️ Oct 18: Ravens sign S Andrews Adams to the practice squad.
- 🗓️ Sep. 26: Ravens sign LB Kyle Van Noy to the practice squad.
- 🗓️ Sep. 24: WR Rashod Bateman suffers from a hamstring injury that may sideline him for a few games.
- 🗓️ Sep. 17: CB Ar'Darius Washington is placed on IR with a chest injury that will keep him out of action for at least 4 weeks.
- 🗓️ Sep. 17: WR Odell Beckham suffers an ankle injury that Coach John Harbaugh states he'll manage and doesn't expect he'll miss any time.
- 🗓️ Sep. 10: C Tyler Linderbaum suffers an ankle injury that will keep him out of action for the foreseeable future.
- 🗓️ Sep. 10: RB JK Dobbins tears his Achilles tendon and is out for the season.
- 🗓️ June 6: WR Laquon Treadwell signs with the Ravens on a one-year deal worth $1.2 million.
- 📆 May 4: QB Lamar Jackson inks a five-year, $260 million contract extension.
- 🗓️ May 3: CB Rock Ya-Sin signs with the Ravens on a one-year deal worth $6 million.
- 🗓️ May 1: The Ravens decline LB Patrick Queen's fifth-year option.
- 🗓️ April 29: The Day 3 draft picks of the Ravens include Stanford CB Kyu Blu Kelly, Oregon OT Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu, and USC OG Andrew Vorhees.
- 🗓️ April 28: The Ravens draft Clemson LB Trenton Simpson in the third round and Mississippi LB Tavius Robinson in the fourth round of the 2023 NFL Draft.
- 🗓️ April 27: The Ravens draft WR Zay Flowers with the No. 22 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.
- 🗓️ April 13: The Ravens sign WR Odell Beckham Jr. to a one-year, $15 million deal.
- 🗓️ March 29: The Ravens sign WR Nelson Agholor.
- 🗓️ March 15: The Ravens re-sign RB Justice Hill and QB Tyler Huntley. They also trade safety Chuck Clark to the Jets.
- 🗓️ March 13: Former Walter Payton Man of the Year Calais Campbell is released.
- 🗓️ March 7: The Ravens place the non-exclusive franchise tag on QB Lamar Jackson.
- 🗓️ Jan. 29: Defensive coordinator Greg Roman announces his retirement from coaching. WR Andy Isabella is signed to a futures contract.
- 🗓️ Feb. 14: Todd Monken is named offensive coordinator.
- 🗓️ Jan. 10: The Ravens re-sign LB Roquan Smith to five-year extension.
Check back regularly, as I will update this post with more relevant personnel news as the offseason moves forward.
Key Contributors Toward Ravens Playoff Chances
QB Lamar Jackson has an 10% chance of winning 2023 NFL MVP. His odds of winning the award took a dip due to the bye and how well Dak Prescott and Brock Purdy played in Week 13. Lamar will need a signature win to close out the season to have a chance of eclipsing these superstars.
Jackson also has a 4.8% chance to win 2023 Comeback Player of the Year. His chances of winning the award took a hit after losing to Cleveland. He still has a chance to win if his play improves.
S Geno Stone has a 1.3% chance of winning Defensive Player of the Year in 2023. Stone currently leads the league with 6 interceptions. He had a chance to grab his 7th interception last week but will need to continue to grab those picks in order to secure this award with so many other great defensive players in the NFL.
WR Zay Flowers has a 1.8% chance of winning Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2023. Flowers odds to win this award is dropping due to the level of play from QB CJ Stroud. Flowers reached the endzone twice in Week 12 and will need more of that for a chance to win this award.
Where Can I Bet on the Ravens to Make the Playoffs?
Fans and bettors can already place a bet on the Ravens to make the playoffs. DraftKings Maryland currently lists playoff odds, as well as other top legal sportsbooks such as BetMGM and Caesars. Multiple Maryland sportsbooks were launched in the state in November 2022.
With a 98% chance to make the playoffs, the Ravens reaching the postseason appears to be almost a certainty at this point.
Looking Ahead: Ravens Playoff Picture
The Ravens have a big game upcoming against the Rams that they'll need to win in order to keep pace with the Miami Dolphins atop the AFC.
The Cleveland Browns lost a close game to the Rams and will have to quickly turn their attention towards the Jacksonville Jaguars.
The Bengals shocked the world when they took down the Jacksonville Jaguars on Monday Night. They'll need to win against Indianapolis next in order to stay in the hunt for a postseason berth.
The Steelers lost an ugly contest against the Arizona Cardinals. They now have a chance to rectify their ugly play when they play the lowly Patriots.
Do the Ravens Have a Chance to Make the Playoffs?
Yes, the Ravens have a chance to make the playoffs. With a 99.5% implied probability, the Ravens currently have the best odds in the AFC to make the playoffs. Now that the bye is complete, Baltimore now has 5 more games to cement their ticket to the postseason.
Are the Ravens Out of Playoffs?
No, the Baltimore Ravens are not out of the playoffs. The Ravens have a 99.5% chance of making the playoffs and have the highest odds of winning the AFC North. They have a 2-game lead on the Browns and Steelers. They have a great chance of making the playoffs right now.
Where Do the Ravens Rank in the AFC North?
The Ravens (-600) currently have the best chance of winning the AFC North. Even after the bye, Baltimore holds a 2-game lead over the Browns and Steelers.
The Steelers (+800) have the second-best odds to win the AFC North in 2023. They lost against the Cardinals and will need to avoid losing again when they face the New England Patriots.
The Browns (+850) have the third-best odds to win the AFC North in 2023. They suffered a loss against the Rams and will have a huge game against the Jaguars that they must win in order to keep pace with Baltimore.
The Bengals (+15000) have the worst odds to win the AFC North. Even after an impressive win against the Jaguars, winning the division at this point of the season is a tall task.
Here are the current AFC North standings:
- Baltimore Ravens (9-3)
- Cleveland Browns (7-5)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5)
- Cincinnati Bengals (6-6)
Where Do the Ravens Rank in the AFC Playoff Standings?
The 2023 Ravens over/under is set at 11.5 wins on DraftKings. This is the highest number of wins predicted for the Ravens this season. The Ravens are exceeding preseason expectations. But if they continue to win games, this number will go up for sure.
Where Do the Ravens Rank in the AFC Wild-Card Race?
The Ravens have only suffered 3 losses so far this season. It's still early to see if Baltimore will even be in the Wild Card race as Baltimore currently has the best record in the division. More wins will help this team just in case a wild card berth is their ticket into the postseason.
Can the Ravens Get the No. 1 Seed?
The Ravens can still get the No. 1 seed. It's only Week 14 in the NFL season. If the playoffs ended today, Baltimore would be the 2 seed. They are tied with the Miami Dolphins in terms of record but Miami has a better conference record. A week 17 matchup against these two teams will likely decide who gets the 1 seed.
Who to Root for if You’re a Ravens Fan
The Ravens have 3 losses this season. They're still looking to keep pace with the top teams in the conference. The Chiefs face the Bills so Ravens fans should be rooting for Buffalo. The Dolphins battle the Titans so fans should be rooting for Tennessee.
Ravens should also be hoping the Patriots upset the Steelers. Browns face the Jaguars, and it appears Jacksonville will be a possible roadblock to the 1 seed. Fans should swallow their pride and root for the Browns to grab the win.
Ravens Postseason Outlook and Predictions
In Week 13, Baltimore finally got to their bye week. This gave Baltimore a lot of time to get healthy. It also gave the rest of the conference a chance to catch up in the standings. Only the Miami Dolphins were able to do so as the Steelers, Browns, Chiefs, and Jaguars all lost in Week 13. That's a huge turn of events as 3 of the 4 teams were considered the favorites to win.
The Ravens have their final NFC game of the season when they take on the LA Rams.
Baltimore Ravens Playoffs FAQs
Baltimore currently sits at -20000 odds, according to DraftKings Maryland, to make the playoffs. The Ravens have +2500 odds of missing the playoffs. That equates to a 99.5% implied probability of making the playoffs and an 0.5% chance of missing the playoffs.
No. No team has been eliminated from the playoffs yet. We've only just reached Week 14 of the regular season. The Ravens are currently 9-3.
The Baltimore Ravens definitely have a great chance to make the playoffs. They currently have the best record in the AFC. All signs currently point to another playoff berth for the Baltimore Ravens.
DraftKings Maryland currently lists odds for Baltimore and the other 31 NFL teams to make the playoffs and Super Bowl. You can also find odds elsewhere across top Maryland sports betting apps and sites.